This creamy korma curry is Laura’s recipe – filled with vegetables (but adaptable to add chicken etc in if you’d prefer), she made this for our curry night – the Korma is the top curry in the above photograph! With milder spices, it might not look as delicious as the other curries, but was a delicious, simple dish!
- Olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- Cardamom – 3 pods bashed (or we used 1 tsp powder)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed & diced)
- Fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 800g vegetables (we used carrots, potatoes and broccoli – but courgettes/cauliflower etc would work well too)
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 200ml yogurt
- Fry onion with all the dry spices over a low heat until onion is nice and golden.
- Add your ginger and garlic and fry for 1 minute, then add mixed veg and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add your stock and let simmer until your vegetables are nice and tender all the way through.
- Turn off the heat and stir through your yogurt – and serve with rice or naan or both!