A simple blended sauce, with lots of hidden veggies. When Laura was a child, she was not a fan of broccoli, or several other vegetables, but loved pasta, so her mum (like plenty of mums elsewhere, I’m sure), worked out a way to hide vegetables in her food – and one of those was pasta sauce.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic (but to your taste!)
- 2 carrots
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- 300g dried pasta
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Chop all of your veggies finely, and put to one side.
- Fry your onions and garlic lightly in a little oil, until soft but not brown.
- Add in your carrots, broccoli (if you have preferred vegetables feel free to add them/swap things out), and your tomato tins and let simmer.
- Add a little water (and stock, if you wish) until you cover the vegetables and let simmer until they are all cooked all the way through.
- Add salt, pepper and basil to taste, before blending with a blender.
- Serve over your favourite pasta (we chose fusilli) and add a little cheese on top if you like!