A classic comfort food, Charlotte’s grilled cheese sandwiches hit the spot for us on our “Comfort Food” themed night. Served with a light tomato soup, one of Laura’s easy meals but using Charlotte’s Recipe, this combo is a classic anywhere, perfect to cheer you up!
- For the Soup (4 portions):
- 3 tomatoes (large)
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 potato
- olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Basil (as much as you like)
- Parsley (as much as you like)
- For the Grilled Cheese (1 sandwich)
- 2 slices of bread
- Cheese (we used shredded cheddar, but whichever you like!)
- For the soup, slice all of your vegetables and place in a large pan with some oil.
- Cook for a few minutes until beginning to soften, then add water and cover with a lid and keep on a medium heat until totally soft.
- Add in your spices, and blend, and your soup is done!
- For the grilled cheese, melt a knob of butter in a frying pan and place a slice of bread on top.
- Top with cheese and another slice of bread and wait a few minutes until nice and golden brown and the cheese begins to melt.
- Take the sandwich briefly out of the pan, cover it with a little more butter and return uncooked-side-down and fry a little longer until your perfect golden colour.
- Enjoy together, or separately!