One of the UK’s classic biscuits/cookies, with Walkers being the most famous brands around, sold across the world, this buttery biscuit is great on its own, or dunked in a cup of tea.
Also super simple to make, so long as you have butter, flour, sugar and an oven!
- 125g butter
- 55g sugar
- 180g plain flour
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Mix butter and sugar together (using a spoon or your fingers)
- Add in flour and mix together.
- Roll out to around 1cm thick, and cut into desired shapes (rectangular fingers, or circles are the most common)
- Place in fridge for a little while to set (if not, the butter may melt too quickly and you’ll lose your shape)
- Sprinkle a little sugar on top if you like, then bake for 15-20minutes, until they come out golden brown on top.