This super simple, yet extremely delicious recipe was given to us by Thuy-Vy, from France. With Vietnamese roots too, she eats this soup often with her family, both hot as a main course (with some delicious crusty bread) or cold as a dessert. With only 2 ingredients, and nothing to do but chop & boil, how perfect is this?!
- Pumpkin (1 whole)
- Coconut Milk (4 cans of 400ml)
- Parsley (to decorate)
- Chop up your pumpkins into small cubes, scooping out the flesh and removing the seeds.
- Place the cubes in a large saucepan, and follow with the coconut milk.
- Mix together and turn on the heat, and let simmer until the pumpkin is hot through.
- Here you can either serve straight away, giving yourself pumpkin lumps in your soup, or let simmer for a while longer until the pumpkin disintegrates and creates a creamy, thicker soup.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parsley, either hot or cold!