Filled with various vegetables (which you can change to your liking), chickpeas and a hint of spices, this vitamin-rich, protein-full soup is designed to keep you full while keeping things light and easy.
We made a couple of huge batches, and it went down a storm! Serve with a little warm bread, and it’s perfect for those cold winter nights!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic (more or less to your taste, but we love the stuff!)
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g chickpeas (you can used canned so long as you rinse first, but we used dry and soaked them overnight first)
- 200g frozen veg (we used sweetcorn, peas and carrots)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, then add in your onion, garlic and celery and gently cook for around 10 minutes or so or until soft, stirring often.
- Add in the cumin and fry for another min, mixing to spread the spice evenly.
- Turn up the heat, then add the stock, tomatoes and chickpeas. Add in a little salt and pepper here too for taste.
- Simmer for another 10 mins.
- Add in your frozen veg and lemon juice, and cook until they’re hot through.
- And you’re done! Add more salt and pepper if you prefer, but sprinkle with parsley and serve with warm crusty bread and you’re bound for a delicious, filling meal!