This pasta was made for our Mexican-themed weekend, on the 1st and 2nd of February, for Ritchie’s last week with us. Using typical Mexican spices, topped with guacamole it was a little spicy for some of our Japanese guests, but pleased them all the same!
- 100g pasta
- Olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 0.5tsp cumin
- 400g canned tomatoes
- 200g sweetcorn
- 1 tsp stock
- 1 avocade
- 1 lime
- In a large saucepan, add your oil, diced onions (saving one tablespoon for later) and bell pepper and fry for 10 minutes or so until slightly soft.
2. Add in your garlic, spices, tomatoes, 200ml of water, sweetcorn and stock and mix well.
3. Cover with a lid, and let simmer for roughly 15 minutes.
4. While your wait, boil your pasta in salted water until al dente.
5. Mix together avocado, the remaining onion chopped very fine, the juice and zest of your lime to make guacamole.
6. Drain your pasta, mix with sauce, top with guacamole & enjoy!