One of Laura’s favourite, super-chocolatey recipes, these brownies are super rich and thick, as per her mother’s recipe.
- 250g chocolate (dark or milk, up to you! We tend to use half 70% and half 45% for extra-rich brownies)
- 200g butter
- 200g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125g flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C
- Over a saucepan of hot water, melt your chocolate and butter in a bowl (take care that the water doesn’t touch the bowl!)
- Once mixed together, turn off the heat and set aside briefly.
- In another bowl, mix your sugar and eggs until combined.
- Add in your chocolate a little at a time (if too hot it can cook the eggs – so do this slowly and carefully!)
- Once all added, sift in your flour and cocoa powder.
- Transfer to a lined cake tin (we prefer squares for even cutting, but whatever you have works) and bake for 30-40 minutes (or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean).
- Remove and enjoy!